Part One -
I'll begin with InterVarsity Press. About a month ago I decided to join the IVP Book Club. They were offering a nearly irresistible offer for those with the "disease" of bibliomania like me. I chose the following books according to the "Five Books for a Buck" introductory offer:
- Hard Sayings of the Bible by Walter C. Kaiser, Peter H. Davids, F. F. Bruce and Manfred Brauch. This title was introduced to me years ago by a friend who shared with me his seminary project on Problems of Interpretation. I've had this on my wish list ever since.
- Dictionary of Biblical Imagery edited by Leland Ryken, James C. Wilhoit and Tremper Longman, III. This title was heartily recommended by one of the ministers at my home church. I always appreciate recommendations.
- Dictionary of Paul and His Letters edited by Gerald F. Hawthorne, Ralph P. Martin and Daniel G. Reid. I'm a huge fan of this dictionary set. It's expensive, so any bargain on obtaining a volume is a no-brainer.
- A Long Obedience in the Same Direction by Eugene Peterson. I am in the midst of a study of the Gospel of Mark and discipleship has been a major theme in my thinking. The title was irresistible. This is a study in the Pilgrim Psalms and we have highlighted this title once before here.
- God's Big Picture by Vaughan Roberts. This title was also chosen on the recommendation of a friend, Doug Smith.
(Part Two: Review Copies)
(Part Three: Bargains Along the Way)