- A Hebrew inscription dating from the 10th century BC (the period of King David's reign) has recently been desciphered (read here). (HT: Prof. Darrell Bock @ Bock's Blog)
- Anthony Selvaggio reviewed Andreas Köstenberger's A Theology of John's Gospel and Letters (Zondervan, 2009).
- It appears that John Goldingay (Fuller Theological Seminary) will be writing the Old Testament counter-part to the popular Wright series The New Testament For Everyone. The first two volumes available are on Genesis (vol. 1: 1-16; vol. 2: 17-50). (HT: Nijay Gupta)
- Nijay has also been busy interviewing a couple of commentators: Gordon Fee on Galatians & Craig Keener on Romans - part 1 and part 2.
- Pete Enns pointed out a very interesting short video of NT Wright commenting on the issue of myth history and theological interpretation of Genesis 1-3. The video is posted at BioLogos.
- A couple of weeks ago, Rod Decker (@NT Resources Blog) posted a selection of quotations from John Nolland, Andrew T. Lincoln and R. T. France on the subject of writing commentaries. This is a MUST READ for everyone who makes use of commentaries. (I'm adding a permanent link to this in the header of this blog.)
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Noteworthy: Around the Blogoshpere (part 2)
Here are a few more highlights: